BJP announces candidates for Lok Sabha and Assembly polls in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: The BJP Wednesday announced its list of candidates for the Lok Sabha and assembly polls in Telangana region that includes former Union Ministers Bandaru Dattatreya, Ch Vidyasagar Rao among others.
Dattatreya would be contesting from Secunderabad Lok Sabha seat, which he has held twice earlier, while Vidyasagar Rao has been fielded from Karimnagar.
Other candidates announced by the saffron party for the remaining seats are- sitting MLA E Lakshminarayana (Nizamabad), MLA Nagam Janardhan Reddy (Mahabubnagar), Ch Narendranath (Medak), senior leader N Indrasena Reddy (Bhongir), Bhagawanth Rao (Hyderabad) and R Parameswar (Warangal, SC).
BJP has also announced candidates for 21 assembly segments on the last day (today) of filing of nominations.
BJP is in alliance with TDP for the Lok Sabha and Legislative Assembly elections in undivided Andhra Pradesh.
As per the seat sharing arrangement, BJP would field candidates in 47 assembly seats (out of 119) and eight Lok Sabha segments (out of 17) in Telangana.
Polling would be held on April 30 in Telangana region.
The YSRC has announced candidates for 13 Lok Sabha and 79 assembly seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read