BJP announces candidates for Lok Sabha and Assembly polls in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: The BJP Wednesday announced its list of candidates for the Lok Sabha and assembly polls in Telangana region that includes former Union Ministers Bandaru Dattatreya, Ch Vidyasagar Rao among others.
Dattatreya would be contesting from Secunderabad Lok Sabha seat, which he has held twice earlier, while Vidyasagar Rao has been fielded from Karimnagar.
Other candidates announced by the saffron party for the remaining seats are- sitting MLA E Lakshminarayana (Nizamabad), MLA Nagam Janardhan Reddy (Mahabubnagar), Ch Narendranath (Medak), senior leader N Indrasena Reddy (Bhongir), Bhagawanth Rao (Hyderabad) and R Parameswar (Warangal, SC).
BJP has also announced candidates for 21 assembly segments on the last day (today) of filing of nominations.
BJP is in alliance with TDP for the Lok Sabha and Legislative Assembly elections in undivided Andhra Pradesh.
As per the seat sharing arrangement, BJP would field candidates in 47 assembly seats (out of 119) and eight Lok Sabha segments (out of 17) in Telangana.
Polling would be held on April 30 in Telangana region.
The YSRC has announced candidates for 13 Lok Sabha and 79 assembly seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi