BJP announces candidates for Lok Sabha and Assembly polls in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: The BJP Wednesday announced its list of candidates for the Lok Sabha and assembly polls in Telangana region that includes former Union Ministers Bandaru Dattatreya, Ch Vidyasagar Rao among others.
Dattatreya would be contesting from Secunderabad Lok Sabha seat, which he has held twice earlier, while Vidyasagar Rao has been fielded from Karimnagar.
Other candidates announced by the saffron party for the remaining seats are- sitting MLA E Lakshminarayana (Nizamabad), MLA Nagam Janardhan Reddy (Mahabubnagar), Ch Narendranath (Medak), senior leader N Indrasena Reddy (Bhongir), Bhagawanth Rao (Hyderabad) and R Parameswar (Warangal, SC).
BJP has also announced candidates for 21 assembly segments on the last day (today) of filing of nominations.
BJP is in alliance with TDP for the Lok Sabha and Legislative Assembly elections in undivided Andhra Pradesh.
As per the seat sharing arrangement, BJP would field candidates in 47 assembly seats (out of 119) and eight Lok Sabha segments (out of 17) in Telangana.
Polling would be held on April 30 in Telangana region.
The YSRC has announced candidates for 13 Lok Sabha and 79 assembly seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency