BJP applauds Commerce Ministry`s report on Gujarat land acquisition model
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Terming it as an `all around development`, the party Bharatiya Janata Party on Tuesday applauded a report sponsored by Commerce and Industry Ministry over the land acquisition model.
Senior BJP leader Prakash Javadekar said, “Truth has prevailed,Commerce Ministry is absolutely right, there is all around development of farmers & nearby areas.”
A Commerce and Industry Ministry sponsored report today showcased the Gujarat model of land acquisition as the best practice, which can be emulated by other states with some modifications, to improve the business environment.
The report on `Best Practices to Improve the Business Environment Across States/UTs in India`, prepared by consultancy firm Accenture on behalf of the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, also talks about the best practices in Karnataka and Maharashtra on issues related to labour management and trade and investment facilitation system.
"Although we have chosen to showcase Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation`s (GIDC) model for land-related intervention as the best practice, some other states have taken initiatives to help businesses to get land for setting up facilities," it said.
Land acquisition, it may be noted, has become a controversial issue in the ongoing Lok Sabha elections, with Congress accusing Narendra Modi-led BJP government in Gujarat of giving cheap land to business houses.
The report said Gujarat has a very simplified land acquisition procedure in the state with minimum direct government participation.
"An entrepreneur can approach GIDC for a speedier acquisition with fewer hassles," it said.
With regard to land acquisition, it also cited examples of Haryana and Andhra Pradesh.
As regards environmental clearances, the report praised the practices adopted by the Gujarat Pollution Control Board (GPCB).
"The GPCB has adopted the (various)features in the XGN (Extended Green Node) portal which has made it a best practice and can be replicated across other states," it added.
The other best practices, which featured in the report, pertain to integrated and comprehensive system for VAT in Karnataka; labour management solution in Maharashtra; setting up Maharashtra Industry, Trade and Investment Facilitation Cell; and single window clearance in Rajasthan and Punjab.
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Afghans push India for more arms, despite Pakistan's wary eye
- Canada to US tourists: please leave your guns at home
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar