BJP can accept Rahul Gandhi in Parliament, but not an `aam aadmi`: Kumar Vishwas
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
New Delhi: Launching a blistering attack on the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Kumar Vishwas on Tuesday said that the main opposition party fielded Smriti Irani from Amethi to cut votes and make Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi win.
Speaking to a news agency, Vishwas said that Irani was sent to Amethi to cut anti-Rahul votes as the BJP can accept the Congress vice president in Parliament, but not an “aam aadmi”.
Raising his rhetoric against BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, the poet-turned-politician said the Gujarat Chief Minister, like a true friend of Congress leader Ahmed Patel, saw Rahul losing in Lok Sabha polls, and therefore came to rescue him.
Underlining that election is just a small part of politics, the AAP leader admitted that his party took wrong decision in the past and failed to put across its message.
Earlier, AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal had said that the entire country would thank the people of Amethi if they vote the Gandhi scion family out of power.
The activist-turned politician alleged that both BJP and the Congress are hand-in-gloves. “The BJP should not have fielded Smriti Irani from Amethi. It has only done so to cut votes and make Rahul win.”
Amethi, which went to polls on May 07, witnessed a high pitched battle between Rahul, Vishwas and Irani.
Meanwhile, various exit polls on Monday largely predicted BJP-led National Democratic Alliance coming to power in the Lok Sabha elections but varied in the margin of its lead over the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance.
The ruling Congress-led UPA was tipped to get between 101 and 148 seats while `others`, including regional parties and Left, were projected to get between 146 and 156 seats, according to the polls shown on TV channels at the end of the ninth and last phase of Lok Sabha polls today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional