BJP complains against Naveen Patnaik`s private secretary
Bhubaneswar: The BJP on Wednesday lodged a formal complaint with the Odisha Chief Electoral Officer against a senior IAS officer accusing him of managing the entire election campaign of the ruling BJD and functioning like an office bearer of the party.
In a letter to the CEO, BJP`s state unit alleged that the senior bureaucrat, the private secretary to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, was misusing his official power and machinery in violation of the Model Code of Conduct for elections.
Releasing copies of the letter at a press conference, state BJP`s election in-charge Surendranath Lath claimed that CM`s private secretary VK Pandian was allegedly working like a BJD office bearer and operating from "Naveen Niwas", the residence of Naveen Patnaik.
The BJP demanded that a closed-circuit camera be placed around the house of the IAS officer and surveillance be mounted on his movements and activities.
Call records of his mobile phones right from the date of announcement of elections should be examined, said the letter, signed by Rabi Sankar Pattnaik, in-charge EC and legal affairs of state BJP`s election office.
While Pandian was not immediately available for comment, BJD vice-president Kalpataru Das denied the allegation as baseless and said it was prompted by frustration.
Alleging that entire Gujarat government was engaged in boosting the poll prospects of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said it was ridiculous on the part of BJP to level such allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened