BJP counter attacks Rahul on land allotment issue
New Delhi: In a counter attack on Rahul Gandhi for accusing Narendra Modi of giving away land to industrialists at cheaper rates, BJP today said the Congress leader should reveal the price of land given to his brother- in-law Robert Vadra.
"Congress has no answer to the large-scale corruption and unemployment in the country. Therefore, Congress is making false allegations with the intention to confuse the voters," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said here.
Rahul had accused the BJP Prime Ministerial aspirant of giving away land to industrialists at throwaway prices. He had also dubbed the Gujarat model propagated by Modi as a "toffee model", saying it has benefited only one industrialist in the state, ignoring the interests of the farmers and the poor.
Javadekar said, "Before levelling such baseless charges, Rahul Gandhi should also explain to the country that what is the price of the land given or acquired or purchased by his brother-in-law.
"Has such land been acquired or purchased or a change of land use has been made and what is the formula for it? He should also explain as to why a large chunk of land in the vicinity of Rashtrapati Bhawan has been alloted to his brother-in-law."
Raking up 2G and coal block allocation issues, BJP leader said, "Congress owes an answer and Rahul Gandhi must answer now as to why ineligible companies were given 2G spectrum licences, and coalblocks and how such these companies were alloted licences. Congress must think twice before raising accusing fingers at anybody."
Defending land allotment in Gujarat, he said, "Every state government has its industrial policy and offers land to various industries for raising production, taxes, as well as employment. Therefore, there is an industrial policy for each state."
He said, "If as per the policy land is alloted, nobody should raise objection. But instead of answering the questions, they have adopted a policy like that of (Arvind) Kejriwal to make wild accusations. This will not be tolerated either by the people or BJP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day