BJP counter attacks Rahul on land allotment issue
New Delhi: In a counter attack on Rahul Gandhi for accusing Narendra Modi of giving away land to industrialists at cheaper rates, BJP today said the Congress leader should reveal the price of land given to his brother- in-law Robert Vadra.
"Congress has no answer to the large-scale corruption and unemployment in the country. Therefore, Congress is making false allegations with the intention to confuse the voters," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said here.
Rahul had accused the BJP Prime Ministerial aspirant of giving away land to industrialists at throwaway prices. He had also dubbed the Gujarat model propagated by Modi as a "toffee model", saying it has benefited only one industrialist in the state, ignoring the interests of the farmers and the poor.
Javadekar said, "Before levelling such baseless charges, Rahul Gandhi should also explain to the country that what is the price of the land given or acquired or purchased by his brother-in-law.
"Has such land been acquired or purchased or a change of land use has been made and what is the formula for it? He should also explain as to why a large chunk of land in the vicinity of Rashtrapati Bhawan has been alloted to his brother-in-law."
Raking up 2G and coal block allocation issues, BJP leader said, "Congress owes an answer and Rahul Gandhi must answer now as to why ineligible companies were given 2G spectrum licences, and coalblocks and how such these companies were alloted licences. Congress must think twice before raising accusing fingers at anybody."
Defending land allotment in Gujarat, he said, "Every state government has its industrial policy and offers land to various industries for raising production, taxes, as well as employment. Therefore, there is an industrial policy for each state."
He said, "If as per the policy land is alloted, nobody should raise objection. But instead of answering the questions, they have adopted a policy like that of (Arvind) Kejriwal to make wild accusations. This will not be tolerated either by the people or BJP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family