BJP demands adequate security forces during repolling
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh unit of BJP on Thursday demanded the Election Commission to deploy adequate security forces during re-polling in the state on April 19.
We apprehend more violence during re-polling in 34 booths on April 19 next, so we have demanded the election commission to deploy adequate Army and para military forces for ensuring violence-free polling, BJP Arunachal Pradesh unit president Tai Tagak said.
Addressing a press conference, Tagak demanded disqualification of Congress candidate of Thrizino Buragaon Assembly constituency Kumsi Sidisow for allegedly engineering a series of attack on BJP workers of the area since announcement of simultaneous Lok Sabha and Assembly polls in the state.
"Workers of Congress candidate Kumsi Sidisow have burnt down several vehicles of BJP cadres on March 25 last besides ransacking and setting ablaze two houses and critically injuring a BJP leader at Bhalukpong in West Kameng district on April 12 and 13 last," Tagak alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends