BJP demands adequate security forces during repolling
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh unit of BJP on Thursday demanded the Election Commission to deploy adequate security forces during re-polling in the state on April 19.
We apprehend more violence during re-polling in 34 booths on April 19 next, so we have demanded the election commission to deploy adequate Army and para military forces for ensuring violence-free polling, BJP Arunachal Pradesh unit president Tai Tagak said.
Addressing a press conference, Tagak demanded disqualification of Congress candidate of Thrizino Buragaon Assembly constituency Kumsi Sidisow for allegedly engineering a series of attack on BJP workers of the area since announcement of simultaneous Lok Sabha and Assembly polls in the state.
"Workers of Congress candidate Kumsi Sidisow have burnt down several vehicles of BJP cadres on March 25 last besides ransacking and setting ablaze two houses and critically injuring a BJP leader at Bhalukpong in West Kameng district on April 12 and 13 last," Tagak alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Watch: NASA releases 'Metabolomics: You Are What You Eat' video!
- Women's World Boxing Championship: Sonia Lather settles for silver, loses to Italian Alessia Mesiano in 57kg final
- 'The Jungle Book' rakes in moolah at Box Office, all set to cross Rs 200 crore in India!
- HDFC among world's top 10 consumer financial services firms
- Fardeen Khan SLAMS body shamers, hits back with an open letter—Read full text