BJP faults EC for implementing prohibitory orders
Chennai: Tamil Nadu BJP president Pon Radhakrishnan on Sunday faulted Election Commission for implementing prohibitory order 48 hours ahead of the April 24 Lok Sabha polls, saying it had created the opportunities for many parties to "commit political follies."
"I believe EC implementing the prohibitory order (under 144 CrPC) was a big mistake, and so was the case with allowing night-time canvassing (EC had said there was no bar on door-to-door canvassing after 10 PM). These mistakes created an opportunity to many political parties to commit political follies. This is unacceptable," he told reporters without elaborating.
BJP-led NDA had won two seats in the Lok Sabha polls, with Radhakrishnan himself romping home at Kanyakumari while ally PMK won Dharmapuri.
The newly elected lawmaker assured to take up matters including river interlinking and fishermen`s issue in the Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP