BJP faults EC for implementing prohibitory orders
Chennai: Tamil Nadu BJP president Pon Radhakrishnan on Sunday faulted Election Commission for implementing prohibitory order 48 hours ahead of the April 24 Lok Sabha polls, saying it had created the opportunities for many parties to "commit political follies."
"I believe EC implementing the prohibitory order (under 144 CrPC) was a big mistake, and so was the case with allowing night-time canvassing (EC had said there was no bar on door-to-door canvassing after 10 PM). These mistakes created an opportunity to many political parties to commit political follies. This is unacceptable," he told reporters without elaborating.
BJP-led NDA had won two seats in the Lok Sabha polls, with Radhakrishnan himself romping home at Kanyakumari while ally PMK won Dharmapuri.
The newly elected lawmaker assured to take up matters including river interlinking and fishermen`s issue in the Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?