BJP faults EC for implementing prohibitory orders
Chennai: Tamil Nadu BJP president Pon Radhakrishnan on Sunday faulted Election Commission for implementing prohibitory order 48 hours ahead of the April 24 Lok Sabha polls, saying it had created the opportunities for many parties to "commit political follies."
"I believe EC implementing the prohibitory order (under 144 CrPC) was a big mistake, and so was the case with allowing night-time canvassing (EC had said there was no bar on door-to-door canvassing after 10 PM). These mistakes created an opportunity to many political parties to commit political follies. This is unacceptable," he told reporters without elaborating.
BJP-led NDA had won two seats in the Lok Sabha polls, with Radhakrishnan himself romping home at Kanyakumari while ally PMK won Dharmapuri.
The newly elected lawmaker assured to take up matters including river interlinking and fishermen`s issue in the Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling