BJP fears SP might disturb May 12 Lok Sabha polls in UP
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh BJP on Sunday appealed to the Election Commission to deploy additional Central forces at 18 seats going to polls tomorrow, apprehending large scale disturbances by the ruling SP.
BJP state president Laxmikant Bajpai, in a letter to the Commission, expressed apprehensions of large scale disturbance by ruling Samajwadi Party during polls tomorrow in which SP president Mulayam Singh Yadav is also contesting the Lok Sabha elections from Azamgarh.
He said complaints of booth capturing have surfaced during last few phases of the election, it has become necessary that the Commission deploys Central forces in large numbers at each booth.
"Mulayam Singh Yadav who is the father of the Chief Minister is also contesting from Azamgarh. The Samajwadi Party in collusion with police, administration and anti-social elements can disturb the polls there... Additional observers must be deployed and videography of all the booths must be done to ensure free and fair polls," he said.
BSP supremo Mayawati had also demanded deployment of Central forces during the last leg of the elections. She had said that all the outsiders residing in Varanasi, where BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is contesting, should be moved out of the constituency.
Polling for 18 seats in the crucial last phase of Lok Sabha polls in eastern Uttar Pradesh, to decide the fate of 328 candidates, including Modi, AAP`s Arvind Kejriwal and SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav will be held tomorrow.
Over three crore voters, including 1.35 crore women, are expected to exercise their franchise at 19,881 polling centres to decide the fate of various political stalwarts.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- This picture of an IAS officer has gone viral on social media - know why
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2016: Wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in class 10th X Result 2016 West Bengal Board is likely to be announced on May 10, 2016
- Four months after Pathankot terror attack, bodies of 4 terrorists buried
- These five super-foods will help you lose weight in the summer!
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict