BJP finally fields D Purandeswari from Rajampet
Hyderabad: The BJP has finally fielded former union minister D Purandeswari from Rajampet Lok Sabha constituency in Andhra Pradesh.
Purandeswari, daughter of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and former Andhra Pradesh chief minister NT Rama Rao, recently quit as the central minister to protest bifurcation of the state. She also resigned from the Congress party and joined the BJP last month.
She was elected from Visakhapatnam in 2009 elections and was reportedly keen to contest again from the same constituency on the BJP ticket. The BJP, however, fielded its Andhra Pradesh unit chief K. Haribabu from Visakhapatnam.
With this, the BJP has named candidates for all four Lok Sabha and 13 assembly seats it got in Seemandhra as part of the alliance with the TDP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?