BJP finally fields D Purandeswari from Rajampet
Hyderabad: The BJP has finally fielded former union minister D Purandeswari from Rajampet Lok Sabha constituency in Andhra Pradesh.
Purandeswari, daughter of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and former Andhra Pradesh chief minister NT Rama Rao, recently quit as the central minister to protest bifurcation of the state. She also resigned from the Congress party and joined the BJP last month.
She was elected from Visakhapatnam in 2009 elections and was reportedly keen to contest again from the same constituency on the BJP ticket. The BJP, however, fielded its Andhra Pradesh unit chief K. Haribabu from Visakhapatnam.
With this, the BJP has named candidates for all four Lok Sabha and 13 assembly seats it got in Seemandhra as part of the alliance with the TDP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere