BJP focused on one leader, Cong talks of entire country: Ajay Singh
Bhopal: Congress leader Ajay Singh has said while BJP harps on just one leader, his party talks about the entire country.
The former Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly said BJP has focused its campaign on one leader, a reference to its Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, while Congress talks about all of India.
He was addressing an election meeting at Jhalki in Vidisha Lok Sabha constituency, about 50km from here, yesterday in support of Congress nominee Laxman Singh.
Listing the UPA`s achievements, Ajay said the ruling coalition has given a slew of rights to the people, including those related to information and food security. The UPA now plans to give the right to health to all citizens.
The ongoing Lok Sabha elections were a fight between two ideologies, he said and appealed to the people to vote for Laxman.
Recently when crops were damaged by hailstorm in Vidisha, neither Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan nor the sitting BJP MP Sushma Swaraj visited the district, he said.
The third and last phase of polling in Madhya Pradesh, which has 29 Lok Sabha seats, will take place on April 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!