BJP front in TN only an "opportunist alliance": Stalin
Chennai: Terming the BJP a communal party, DMK leader M K Stalin Monday said the coalition led by the saffron party in Tamil Nadu was an "opportunist alliance."
Talking to reporters here, he said, "Even in their (BJP) election manifesto, they have published the picture of RSS leader. So, they are expressing themselves that they are a communal party. That is the proof."
"Many parties have formed an alliance with such a (communal) party, calling it a mega alliance. From this, we get to know this is only an opportunist alliance," he said.
The BJP has formed pre-poll alliance with the DMDK, PMK, MDMK, IJK, Kongu Nadu in Tamil Nadu before the April 24 elections.
While the Congress is facing the polls alone, Karunanidhi- led DMK and Jayalalithaa-led AIADMK were going ahead with smaller allies respectively in all 39 constituencies in Tamil Nadu.
After parting ways with the AIADMK, the Left parties have decided to contest in 18 constituencies across the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!