BJP has made Advani "small leader": Rahul
Raichur/Sirsi: Wading into BJP`s internal affairs, Rahul Gandhi on Monday said L K Advani is no more its "tallest leader" that he once used to be and has been made a "small leader" by the party, as he unleashed a fierce attack against Narendra Modi.
"..You may remember Advaniji who is BJP`s tallest leader.. He is no more the tallest leader that he once used to be. Now, BJP has made him a small leader..," Gandhi said at a rally in Raichur in northern Karnataka. The BJP veteran and the party`s Prime Ministerial candidate have shared an uneasy relationship in the recent past.
The Congress Vice President talked about Advani while referring to UPA government granting special status to backward Hyderabad-Karnataka region comprising six districts in north-east part of the state that would entail special economic benefits to it.
"... Advaniji who once used to be the tallest leader of that party had said if article 371(J) is passed country will get divided," Gandhi, said, adding, the UPA government did it.
He said Advani`s view on passing article 371 (J) would disintegrate the country was "incorrect".
"He(Advani) said if 371J is passed, the country will disintegrate. We passed the 371J and the country was not divided. It benefited you, it gave you education, employment," Gandhi added.
Gandhi ridiculed the Gujarat model by raking up the "snoopgate" scandal with the barb targeted at Modi, who was in the eye of storm over a scandal involving the surveillance of a woman.
"CM`s power in states like this (Karnataka) will be towards empowering poor, getting big projects implemented, but in Gujarat model CM`s power will work towards putting police force behind women, their power will also get utilised in tapping women`s phones....And these very people talk about women empowerment."
"On one side phone tapping, second side police are chasing women from behind, on the third side pornographic films are being watched and on the fourth side minister is involved in rape like incidents, and these people come with the posters of empowering women...."
"....These people can`t empower you, as they don`t even respect you," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!