BJP has no moral authority to seek Chavan`s resignation: Congress
Mumbai: Notwithstanding Congress` poor show in the Lok Sabha polls in the state, the MPCC on Monday rejected BJP`s demand for Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s resignation saying the rival party had "no right to meddle" in its affairs.
"The BJP-Shiv Sena government was in power in Maharashtra for five years. They lost other polls. The people of Maharashtra have elected us for five years. Why should we disrespect that mandate," MPCC spokesperson Basavraj Patil Nagralkar told PTI.
"What we do after these results is our party`s internal matter. They have no right to meddle in our affairs," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video