BJP has no moral authority to seek Chavan`s resignation: Congress
Mumbai: Notwithstanding Congress` poor show in the Lok Sabha polls in the state, the MPCC on Monday rejected BJP`s demand for Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s resignation saying the rival party had "no right to meddle" in its affairs.
"The BJP-Shiv Sena government was in power in Maharashtra for five years. They lost other polls. The people of Maharashtra have elected us for five years. Why should we disrespect that mandate," MPCC spokesperson Basavraj Patil Nagralkar told PTI.
"What we do after these results is our party`s internal matter. They have no right to meddle in our affairs," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief