BJP hits out at Congress over complaint against Modi roadshow
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday hit out at Congress for complaining against Narendra Modi roadshow in Varanasi to the Election Commission, saying it reflected the party`s desperation.
"Anand Sharma, who is a Minister, is speaking out of desperation. He is saying nomination was filed and telecast live, so there should be an FIR. But FIR on what?" BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said here.
Attacking Congress, Javadekar said "Election Commission has given the date for nomination filing. So FIR should be against EC? Media is showing it so FIR should be filed against it also?
"What was wrong if nomination was filed on the appointed day? Nothing wrong in it. But Congress does not understand how to oppose it."
Modi filed his nomination for Varanasi seat after a road show in the holy city.
Congress demanded registration of FIR against Narendra Modi dubbing as a "flagrant violation" of the model code of conduct telecast of his roadshow and his filing of nomination in Varanasi in 117 constituencies going to polls today.
"We do not want just issuing of notice. We want action. FIR should be registered against all BJP leaders involved including the candidate from Varanasi," Sharma said earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir