BJP hits out at Congress over complaint against Modi roadshow
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday hit out at Congress for complaining against Narendra Modi roadshow in Varanasi to the Election Commission, saying it reflected the party`s desperation.
"Anand Sharma, who is a Minister, is speaking out of desperation. He is saying nomination was filed and telecast live, so there should be an FIR. But FIR on what?" BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said here.
Attacking Congress, Javadekar said "Election Commission has given the date for nomination filing. So FIR should be against EC? Media is showing it so FIR should be filed against it also?
"What was wrong if nomination was filed on the appointed day? Nothing wrong in it. But Congress does not understand how to oppose it."
Modi filed his nomination for Varanasi seat after a road show in the holy city.
Congress demanded registration of FIR against Narendra Modi dubbing as a "flagrant violation" of the model code of conduct telecast of his roadshow and his filing of nomination in Varanasi in 117 constituencies going to polls today.
"We do not want just issuing of notice. We want action. FIR should be registered against all BJP leaders involved including the candidate from Varanasi," Sharma said earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured