BJP hits out at Congress over complaint against Modi roadshow
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday hit out at Congress for complaining against Narendra Modi roadshow in Varanasi to the Election Commission, saying it reflected the party`s desperation.
"Anand Sharma, who is a Minister, is speaking out of desperation. He is saying nomination was filed and telecast live, so there should be an FIR. But FIR on what?" BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said here.
Attacking Congress, Javadekar said "Election Commission has given the date for nomination filing. So FIR should be against EC? Media is showing it so FIR should be filed against it also?
"What was wrong if nomination was filed on the appointed day? Nothing wrong in it. But Congress does not understand how to oppose it."
Modi filed his nomination for Varanasi seat after a road show in the holy city.
Congress demanded registration of FIR against Narendra Modi dubbing as a "flagrant violation" of the model code of conduct telecast of his roadshow and his filing of nomination in Varanasi in 117 constituencies going to polls today.
"We do not want just issuing of notice. We want action. FIR should be registered against all BJP leaders involved including the candidate from Varanasi," Sharma said earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seers, religious orders need to work towards a modern India: PM Modi
- Has Dhanush replaced Vicky Kaushal in Bejoy Nambiar's next?
- Bhagwant Mann smells of alcohol, can't sit next to him: Suspended AAP MP Harinder Khalsa
- Simply irresistible! You cannot take your eyes off majestic Priyanka Chopra on Flaunt cover- See it to believe it
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham run for their lives in new 'Dishoom' POSTER? Pic inside