BJP hits out at Congress over complaint against Modi roadshow
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday hit out at Congress for complaining against Narendra Modi roadshow in Varanasi to the Election Commission, saying it reflected the party`s desperation.
"Anand Sharma, who is a Minister, is speaking out of desperation. He is saying nomination was filed and telecast live, so there should be an FIR. But FIR on what?" BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said here.
Attacking Congress, Javadekar said "Election Commission has given the date for nomination filing. So FIR should be against EC? Media is showing it so FIR should be filed against it also?
"What was wrong if nomination was filed on the appointed day? Nothing wrong in it. But Congress does not understand how to oppose it."
Modi filed his nomination for Varanasi seat after a road show in the holy city.
Congress demanded registration of FIR against Narendra Modi dubbing as a "flagrant violation" of the model code of conduct telecast of his roadshow and his filing of nomination in Varanasi in 117 constituencies going to polls today.
"We do not want just issuing of notice. We want action. FIR should be registered against all BJP leaders involved including the candidate from Varanasi," Sharma said earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- 1st ODI: Azhar Ali's 82 goes in vain as Jason Roy guides England to 44-run win over Pakistan
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai
- Vietnam scientists spot rare endangered primates
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule
- Is butter healthy? Five reasons to eat Krishna's favourite!