BJP leader booked for allegedly molesting, beating Dalit voter
Beed: A 45-year-old Dalit woman was molested at her residence allegedly by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) city president and four other unidentified men when she refused to take money from them for voting for the party, the city police said here on Thursday.
According to a complaint filed by the Dalit woman Savita Maroti Ballal, a case has been registered against BJP city president Jugal Kishore Lohiya and four other unidentified men under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code, the Parli city police said.
The incident occurred at Gautam Nagar in Parli city on Wednesday and an FIR was filed on the same day, the police said.
According to a police report, BJP city president Jugal Kishore Lohiya and other four unidentified men went to the Dalit woman`s house on Wednesday.
As per the FIR, at night at around 10.30 pm they went to the Dalit woman`s residence and allegedly asked her about how many voters were there in her family, after which they allegedly "offered" her Rs 5000.
However, when she refused to accept their money, Lohiya allegedly told her that they had distributed money to lower caste people, after which he allegedly abused her caste, molested her as well as threatened her.
Her son was also beaten up and threatened after he tried to resist them, the FIR said.
After the news of the incident spread, local organisations called for a Parli bandh tomorrow, sources told.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler