BJP-led NDA to form next Government under Modi: Keshubhai
Rajkot: Veteran Gujarat politician Keshubhai Patel today said BJP was likely to win more than 225 Lok Sabha seats and Narendra Modi will become the next Prime Minister heading a NDA Government.
"I have not deeply analysed the country`s current political situation but I think the next Government would be formed by (BJP-led) NDA under Narendra Modi. BJP will emerge the single largest party wining more than 225 Lok Sabha seats," he said here.
The 85-year-old former BJP Gujarat Chief Minister, once a betenoire of Modi, was speaking to reporters after casting his vote at a booth here.
This is the first time the senior Patel leader, who has virtually retired from active politics, has spoken in favour of Modi after he was appointed the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate last year.
Patel, who quit BJP over two years ago, had formed Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) in September 2012 to oust Modi from power. However, his party could win only two seats in the 2012 Assembly polls. GPP merged with BJP in February last.
Patel, who had won from Visavadar Assembly segment, resigned from his seat citing ill health. His son Bharat Patel is contesting on BJP ticket in the by-poll.
Meanwhile, cricketer and brand ambassador of Election Commission Cheteshwar Pujara along with his wife Puja and father Arvind cast their votes here.
Pujara, who is playing in the IPL, arrived here from Dubai early this morning and went straight to Sahajanand School for voting.
State Assembly Speaker Vajubhai Vala and Agriculture Minister Govindbhai Patel also exercised their franchise in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31