BJP likely to stitch an alliance with TDP in Andhra Pradesh
New Delhi: BJP is likely to stich an alliance with TDP in Andhra Pradesh and talks between the two are in the final stages.
Sources said while BJP is likely to get a total of 13 Lok Sabha seats out of a total of 42 in the state, it will also get around 55 Assembly seats as part of the alliance.
"The talks with TDP are in the final stages and the discussions have been good," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
Javadekar, who is also in charge of party affairs in Andhra Pradesh, equated alliances with marriages which involve long negotiations.
Sources said BJP is seeking 14 Lok Sabha seats in Andhra Pradesh and around 70 seats in the 294-member Andhra Pradesh Assembly.
They said that BJP is likely to get 8 Lok Sabha seats out of 17 in Telangana region and 5 out of 25 in Andhra Pradesh, comprising of the residual Seemandhra, Rayalaseema and Coastal Andhra regions.
In the state Assembly, the party is likely to get 40 seats in the 119-member Telangana Assembly and around 15 seats in the 175-member residual Andhra Pradesh.
The sources said the talks between two parties had reached a dead end at the state level earlier as TDP did not agree to the number of seats local BJP leaders sought.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea