BJP-LJP alliance in Bihar may bag 21-29 LS seats: Opinion poll
New Delhi: BJP-LJP alliance in Bihar may win between 21 and 29 Lok Sabha seats in the state while the saffron party could draw a blank in the neighbouring West Bengal where TMC may bag 23 to 29 seats, according to an opinion poll.
According to the opinion poll conducted by a news channel, the ruling JD(U) in Bihar could secure hardly between two and five seats while Congress-RJD-NCP alliance would get seven to 13 seats in elections.
In Odisha, BJD may corner 10 to 16 seats while BJP could emerge as the second major party with three to seven seats and Congress may be relegated to the third place with around four seats.
The opinion poll said that Aravind Kejriwal-led AAP, however, may not be able to open its account in the three states - Bihar, Odisha and West Bengal -- where the fledgling party has established its presence.
Interestingly, Congress could improve its vote share by 9 per cent in Assam and marginally in West Bengal and Jharkhand compared to the 2009 elections.
In the opinion poll, 20,957 voters were surveyed across 1,340 locations of 301 randomly selected parliamentary constituencies.
Four polling stations were selected in each segment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported