BJP-LJP alliance in Bihar may bag 21-29 LS seats: Opinion poll
New Delhi: BJP-LJP alliance in Bihar may win between 21 and 29 Lok Sabha seats in the state while the saffron party could draw a blank in the neighbouring West Bengal where TMC may bag 23 to 29 seats, according to an opinion poll.
According to the opinion poll conducted by a news channel, the ruling JD(U) in Bihar could secure hardly between two and five seats while Congress-RJD-NCP alliance would get seven to 13 seats in elections.
In Odisha, BJD may corner 10 to 16 seats while BJP could emerge as the second major party with three to seven seats and Congress may be relegated to the third place with around four seats.
The opinion poll said that Aravind Kejriwal-led AAP, however, may not be able to open its account in the three states - Bihar, Odisha and West Bengal -- where the fledgling party has established its presence.
Interestingly, Congress could improve its vote share by 9 per cent in Assam and marginally in West Bengal and Jharkhand compared to the 2009 elections.
In the opinion poll, 20,957 voters were surveyed across 1,340 locations of 301 randomly selected parliamentary constituencies.
Four polling stations were selected in each segment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray