BJP MPs thank people of J&K for defeating NC-Cong candidates
Jammu: Thanking the people for reposing their faith in the party and ousting the Congress-NC alliance in the state in the just-concluded Lok Sabha elections, BJP on Sunday said it is also the victory of the people and the development plank of Narendra Modi and his nation-centric principles.
"It is victory of the people and also victory of the development plank of Narendra Modi, his clear vision and nation-centric principles and ideology of BJP," Jammu MP and BJP state unit president Jugal Kishore Sharma told reporters here today.
Flanked by Jitendra Singh, who won from the Udhampur constituency, Sharma said the credit for BJP`s victory goes to the people and party cadre. The people of the state have reposed their faith in BJP and have unambiguously rejected National Conference-Congress combine, he added.
"The victory of BJP is that of toiling and struggling nationalist forces, and of those who want a change and improvement for better in the state and desired to see the end of dynastic rule and victory of those who no longer could suffer mis-governance of UPA-I and UPA-II," Sharma said.
Singh, while thanking the voters of Kathua-Udhampur-Doda constituency, said that BJP had scripted a history in the state`s polity when one of the tallest Congress leaders and Union minister was defeated by the voters.
He said despite all out efforts made by Congress-NC coalition candidates to lure the voters, the people preferred to give BJP an unprecedented mandate.
"The voters have voted for progress, security and safety in the constituency rejecting the divisive politics and campaign of the Congress. The BJP victory is a vindication of party`s agenda and stand on Jammu and Kashmir," he added.
The state unit of BJP expressed its gratitude and thanked the voters of Jammu and Kashmir, who have sent its three candidates to Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’