BJP opposed to reservation for Dalit community: Mayawati
Balrampur: BSP supremo Mayawati on Monday hit out at the BJP alleging that the saffron party opposed the Mandal Commission recommendations for the uplift and reservations for Dalits.
"BJP hates Dalits and backwards. When recommendations of Mandal commission were being implemented in the country at that time BJP opposed it," she alleged while addressing an election rally in support of party candidate Lalji Verma.
The former Uttar Pradesh chief minister accused the BJP of "conspiring" to abolish reservations for Dalits on the pretext of constitutional review. She further alleged that if BJP comes to power, reservations would be abolished.
Mayawati also alleged that the Congress party never gave respect to Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar. She said when the BSP demanded Bharat Ratna for Babasaheb, Congress took no action.
Attacking the ruling Samajwadi Party, Mayawati said "government of goons and mafias" was running in the state and there have been several incidents of crime during their rule.
Mayawati said, "those parties which issue manifesto, 50 per cent of the promises made by them are not implemented. This is the reason BSP do not issue manifesto. It believes in delivering."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre