BJP plays down Ashok Pradhan joining SP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday sought to down play the issue of its senior leader Ashok Pradhan joining hands with the Samajwadi Party.
"Question should be posed to Pradhan," BJP leader Balbir Punj said here when asked to comment on it.
"Because the person, who was associated with a party and its ideology for so many years got benefited from it. Now what happened that after not getting the party ticket he has to switch over to other party," he said.
Ahead of elections in Gautam Budh Nagar on April 10, former Union Minister Pradhan joined SP, claiming that there was "trade" of Lok Sabha tickets in the party.
Asked to comment on Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee challenging Election Commission`s directive on transferring officials from the state, Punj said all political parties should respect and abide by the EC instructions.
"All Indians are proud of democracy. It is because elections are mostly conducted in an impartial and peaceful way. For this credit goes to voters and EC. So, therefore, it is necessary that all political parties should respect and abide by the directives of EC," Punj said.
The the EC has ordered transfer of five SPs and one district magistrate ahead of the Lok Sabha poll in West Bengal yesterday. Mamata has said that she would not transfer any official as long as she is the chief minister and reminded the EC that it has its limitations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!