BJP polarising Udhampur constituency on communal lines: Congress
Doda: Hitting out at BJP for "communalising" Udhampur Lok Sabha constituency, Congress on Sunday said voters of the hilly seat cannot be mislead by BJP.
"In its desperate attempt to woo the voters, BJP like elsewhere in India is propagating its `tried and tested formula` to polarise the voters on communal lines in Doda-Udhampur constituency.
Senior Congress leader and Union minister Ghulam Nabi Azad is contesting from the seat.
"But voters of this hilly constituency cannot be mislead by BJP," State Road and Buildings Minister and senior Congress leader Majeed Wani told reporters here today.
"This is the history of BJP to try and divide the society on communal lines to polarise the voters and play communal politics.
"They have resorted to the same tactics in this constituency as well but people here won`t let them succeed," he said.
He said people have seen development during the UPA rule and will vote for it.
"People will vote for development, which they have witnessed during the last 10 years of UPA government in general and the kind of development of this constituency have witnessed in health sector in particular," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened