BJP readies for battle royale with vision document for Varanasi
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
New Delhi: With just a week to go before Varanasi will vote to chose its MP, the BJP on Tuesday released the vision document for the holy city.
Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will take on Congress` Ajay Rai and AAP`s Arvind Kejriwal in what is being dubbed as the mother of all electoral battles.
The vision document lists out the BJP`s plan for Varanasi. From promising to address the woes of weavers to cleaning up the Ganges, the document aims to give hope to the citizens of the city that has been battling lack of infrastructure for long.
The BJP document also promises to develop world class infrastructure in the city and make it a global hub for tourism while maintaining its heritage status.
Releasing the vision document, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley said, “A stable government is needed to put the country back on track, and Varanasi has an historic opportunity as it will not just chose an MP but the prime minister. It is a privilege for the voters of the city to give a stable government and the prime minister to lead that government and it is but natural that when a city gets such an opportunity then the elected person will have to look after the place.”
“Purvanchal is an economically backward region, hence it is important that power and the key to the treasure comes into the hand of this region,” he added.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - As it happened...
- Investigative agencies have ability to find money trail: Jayant Sinha
- Theory that UPA blacklisted AgustaWestland 'figment of somebody's imagination', says Arun Jaitley
- Sex once a week best for your relationship
- 'The Flash' movie loses director over creative differences?