BJP removes Narendra Modi`s posters in Vadodara
Vadodara: BJP has covered around 1,000 banners and posters in the city carrying photos of its prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi, who will file his nomination for the Vadodara Lok Sabha seat here on Wednesday.
"The posters carrying Modi`s pictures were covered by those carrying the party message. If the posters carrying Modi`s photos are continued to be displayed after he files nomination, the expenses will be included in his personal expenditure," a BJP office bearer told PTI here on Tuesday.
The Election Commission has set a maximum limit of Rs 70 lakh that a candidate can spend on his election campaign.
BJP had put up over 1,000 hoardings carrying Modi`s photos at key locations in the city. The party had booked the hoarding sites about 15 days in advance.
However, after he was named the candidate from Vadodara against Modi, Congress General Secretary Madhusudhan Mistry had demanded removal of Modi`s posters, alleging that the civic body had shown bias by allocating all the advertisement kiosks on roads of the city to BJP, where Modi`s posters were prominently displayed.
The EC had directed the district election officer to allot 1,000 advertisement locations to Congress yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state