BJP says it will move EC against Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: A day after Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee demanded arrest of Narendra Modi, BJP on Monday accused her of using `improper` language against its Prime Ministerial candidate and said that it would move the Election Commission on this issue.
"The language she (Mamata) is using was not prevalent in Bengal politics. A chief minister cannot use that kind of language against another CM. She has violated election rules,"
state BJP president Rahul Sinha told reporters here.
He said that BJP would approach the EC on this issue and demand action against her.
Addressing an election meeting at Bongaon in North 24 Paraganas district bordering Bangladesh during the day, Banerjee without naming Modi said, "(He) has become a gas balloon.
Punch it, the gas will come out and the balloon will get squeezed."
Sinha claimed that it was Mamata Banerjee who had raised the issue of infiltrators in the Lok Sabha and demanded deletion of infiltrators` names from the voters` list.
"She should delve into the past," he said, adding, that Modi has only talked about the infiltrators.
Modi told an election meeting at Bankura, "BJP`s position is very clear, vote bank politics has destroyed the country... Those who are Bangladeshi infiltrators, will have to go
Banerjee yesterday accused Modi of inciting violence in Assam and demanded his arrest for allegedly trying to instigate caste-based violence in West Bengal.
TMC has written to the Election Commission during the day asking for action against Modi for seeking vote in the name of religion, spreading communal disharmony and breaking the
model code of conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened