BJP says it will move EC against Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: A day after Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee demanded arrest of Narendra Modi, BJP on Monday accused her of using `improper` language against its Prime Ministerial candidate and said that it would move the Election Commission on this issue.
"The language she (Mamata) is using was not prevalent in Bengal politics. A chief minister cannot use that kind of language against another CM. She has violated election rules,"
state BJP president Rahul Sinha told reporters here.
He said that BJP would approach the EC on this issue and demand action against her.
Addressing an election meeting at Bongaon in North 24 Paraganas district bordering Bangladesh during the day, Banerjee without naming Modi said, "(He) has become a gas balloon.
Punch it, the gas will come out and the balloon will get squeezed."
Sinha claimed that it was Mamata Banerjee who had raised the issue of infiltrators in the Lok Sabha and demanded deletion of infiltrators` names from the voters` list.
"She should delve into the past," he said, adding, that Modi has only talked about the infiltrators.
Modi told an election meeting at Bankura, "BJP`s position is very clear, vote bank politics has destroyed the country... Those who are Bangladeshi infiltrators, will have to go
Banerjee yesterday accused Modi of inciting violence in Assam and demanded his arrest for allegedly trying to instigate caste-based violence in West Bengal.
TMC has written to the Election Commission during the day asking for action against Modi for seeking vote in the name of religion, spreading communal disharmony and breaking the
model code of conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray