BJP seeks action against JD(U) leader Akhtarul Iman
Patna: The BJP in Bihar has lodged a complaint with the Election Commission over JD-U leader Akhtarul Iman`s appeal to the Muslim community in Kishanganj Lok Sabha seat to vote for the Congress candidate.
The complaint was made by Bihar BJP president Mangal Pandey with the Chief Electoral Officer in Bihar.
Pandey urged the EC to cancel the registration of the JD-U, its erstwhile ally, and take stringent action against Iman for asking the Muslim community to vote for Congress nominee Asrarul Haque with the tacit approval of his party.
The JD(U) leader`s conduct amounted to sedition as his appeal to a particular community to vote for a candidate on religious ground could vitiate peace and tranquility in the state and the country, Pandey said.
Iman`s bid to whip up communal polarisation in Kishanganj was similar to what was done by SP leader Azam Khan whom the EC had censured and barred from canvassing in Uttar Pradesh, he pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred