BJP seeks action against JD(U) leader Akhtarul Iman
Patna: The BJP in Bihar has lodged a complaint with the Election Commission over JD-U leader Akhtarul Iman`s appeal to the Muslim community in Kishanganj Lok Sabha seat to vote for the Congress candidate.
The complaint was made by Bihar BJP president Mangal Pandey with the Chief Electoral Officer in Bihar.
Pandey urged the EC to cancel the registration of the JD-U, its erstwhile ally, and take stringent action against Iman for asking the Muslim community to vote for Congress nominee Asrarul Haque with the tacit approval of his party.
The JD(U) leader`s conduct amounted to sedition as his appeal to a particular community to vote for a candidate on religious ground could vitiate peace and tranquility in the state and the country, Pandey said.
Iman`s bid to whip up communal polarisation in Kishanganj was similar to what was done by SP leader Azam Khan whom the EC had censured and barred from canvassing in Uttar Pradesh, he pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa