BJP takes lead in AAP`s strong hold in Delhi
New Delhi: With AAP`s lacklustre performance in the Lok Sabha election, the BJP has taken a lead in 27 assembly constituencies, which the party won in assembly election last year, including seats represented by former Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and his ministers.
In New Delhi Lok Sabha seat, which has highest number of AAP MLAs, the BJP has managed to gain lead in New Delhi assembly segment represented by party supremo and former Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal by over 12,590 votes.
BJP candidate Meenakhsi Lekhi got 38,074 votes as compared to AAP`s Ashish Khetan who bagged 25,484 votes, according to the official data.
It is to be noted that of 10 assembly segments AAP has seven MLAs - representing Karol Bagh, Patel Nagar, Delhi Cantt, New Delhi, Kasturba Nagar, Malviya Nagar and Greater Kailash seats - in the New Delhi Lok Sabha constituency and was considered to be one of the safest seat for AAP.
In Malviya Nagar assembly segment represented by former Delhi Law Minister Somnath Bharti, who courted controversy in the midnight raid at the residence of Ugandan women, BJP got 43,111 votes as compared to 26,116 votes by AAP.
In Greater Kailash assembly constituency Lekhi bagged 38,074 votes as compared to 25,484 votes of Khetan. In Chandni Chowk Lok Sabha constituency, where AAP has four MLAs, BJP got lead in all assembly segments - Shalimar Baug, Shakur Basti, Model Town and Sadar Bazaar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days