BJP to intensify poll campaign in Assam with national leaders
Guwahati: BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will be in the state for the third time to campaign for the ongoing Lok Sabha elections and will address three rallies at different places on a single day this week.
"BJP has always given priority to the North East. That is why Modiji is coming to Assam again on April 19 to address three meetings," BJP leader and in-charge of Assam Sudhanshu Mittal told reporters here.
Modi will address the rallies in Bongaigaon, Mangaldai and Nagaon, while his fourth proposed rally in Dhubri was cancelled, he added.
"Other senior leaders like L K Advani, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Subramanian Swamy, Najma Heptulla and Shatrughan Sinha are likely to visit Assam before the last phase of polling here on April 24," Mittal said.
While Swami is scheduled to come to the state on April 18, Prasad will address election rallies on April 20. The schedule of other leaders are being worked out, he added.
Assam will go the polls for six Lok Sabha seats on April 24 and the constituencies are Gauhati, Nowgong, Mangaldoi, Barpeta, Kokrajhar and Dhubri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video