BJP to intensify poll campaign in Assam with national leaders
Guwahati: BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will be in the state for the third time to campaign for the ongoing Lok Sabha elections and will address three rallies at different places on a single day this week.
"BJP has always given priority to the North East. That is why Modiji is coming to Assam again on April 19 to address three meetings," BJP leader and in-charge of Assam Sudhanshu Mittal told reporters here.
Modi will address the rallies in Bongaigaon, Mangaldai and Nagaon, while his fourth proposed rally in Dhubri was cancelled, he added.
"Other senior leaders like L K Advani, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Subramanian Swamy, Najma Heptulla and Shatrughan Sinha are likely to visit Assam before the last phase of polling here on April 24," Mittal said.
While Swami is scheduled to come to the state on April 18, Prasad will address election rallies on April 20. The schedule of other leaders are being worked out, he added.
Assam will go the polls for six Lok Sabha seats on April 24 and the constituencies are Gauhati, Nowgong, Mangaldoi, Barpeta, Kokrajhar and Dhubri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic