BJP to win 253 seats, NDA 303, Congress 66: Survey
New Delhi: A post-election survey released Tuesday said the BJP was set to win a record 253 seats in the Lok Sabha and the Congress just 66, its lowest ever tally.
The BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) will win in all 303 seats, according to a news survey conducted after each polling day during the 10-phase ballot, covering a total of 40,000 voters.
The findings carry a margin of error of three percent.
The Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) will be left with 89 seats in the Lok Sabha, it said.
It said the impressive wins of the Bharatiya Janata Party will mostly come from Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan and Maharashtra.
The BJP will hold on to their strong position in Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka, it said.
Additionally, the BJP alliance has made significant inroads in states like Tamil Nadu where it had little presence earlier.
The survey said that in Tamil Nadu, the NDA was likely to finish second, ahead of the DMK - the main opposition party - in both vote share and seats.
Likewise in Odisha, the BJP was likely to push aside the Congress to the third place.
Exit polls Monday evening unanimously predicted a victory for the BJP-led NDA from the just ended Lok Sabha election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly