BJP using religion to get power: Akhilesh Yadav
Fatehpur: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday accused BJP of putting national integrity at risk by using religion in its desperate bid to wrest power.
"BJP wants to gain power even at the cost of the unity of the country and it has nothing to do with the issues related to development and public welfare," Yadav said while addressing election rallies in Khaga and Bindki towns.
Yadav said that BJP had no development model and termed it as "a very clever party" which made propaganda of Gujarat model. He also claimed that so called "BJP wave" was false as there was no such wave.
"While BJP indulges into propaganda, SP works on reality. Development work done by SP government could not be compared with the development work in other states," he said, adding therefore, leaving aside development agenda, BJP was using religion to get power.
Yadav said that other parties were unable to digest the pace of development, which has accelerated after SP formed the government in Uttar Pradesh.
He accused BSP of being involved in corruption and said while several ministers of Mayawati government were behind the bars, some others were preparing to go to jail.
The CM asked Muslims not to trust BSP as "it could ally with anyone after polls" and said that while BSP only installed statues, SP government fulfilled what it promised within two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?