BJP will all seven seats if voting percentage increases: VK Malhotra
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Wednesday expressed hope that it will win all the seven Lok Sabha seats in the national capital if voting percentage increases in the election.
"BJP hopes that if there is more than 70 and 75 per cent voting in this election, BJP will then have advantage and we are very sure that our party is going to win all seven Lok Sabha seats," Malhotra told reporters while addressing a press conference here.
Malhotra, who is the Chairman of Delhi BJP Lok Sabha Election Campaign Committee, also said that party workers were working for more than 70 per cent voting in the national capital this time.
In its effort to encourage voters to come out in large numbers, the party has formed a team of 20 workers, consisting of five senior workers, five women and 10 youth, for each of the polling booths in the city.
"Besides, two polling agents and one polling in-charge have contacted voters twice at their respective polling booths. Party has also deputed a team of 20 advocates at each Parliamentary Constituency and a team of 25 advocates will remain on duty at Delhi BJP officer tomorrow to look into any legal issue arising during polling," he said.
Preet Pal, who contested Delhi Assembly Lok Sabha seat on the ticket of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) today joined BJP.
He said he had joined BJP as AAP has diverted from the issues.
"AAP has diverted from the issues, with which it came into being. The issue of common workers is not heard by the AAP leaders. After joining BJP, I will do hard-work for making BJP win in the elections," Preet told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why