BJP will revisit gas price issue: Yashwant Sinha
New Delhi: The NDA government will revisit the proposal to double the price of gas from Reliance Industries KG Basin, if it comes to power, senior BJP Leader
Yashwant Sinha said on Sunday.
Addressing mediapersons here, Sinha said there is a case for revisiting this issue.
CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta and an NGO had petitioned against the gas-pricing formula approved by a cabinet panel that would have led to a doubling of the gas price from the
current $4.2 per million metric British thermal unit (mmBtu) to nearly $8.4/mmBtu with effect from April one.
On being approached by the Centre, the Election Commission had last week said that the decision be kept on hold for two months till the Lok Sabha elections are over.
This is expected to delay, by at least a few months, the revision of the gas price that attracted controversy when it was announced in June last year.
"Unfortunately while both the Petroleum Ministry and Standing Committee were engaged in the task of examining the issue, the government went ahead and decided to increase
the price of gas according to the formula suggested by the Rangarajan panel," Sinha said adding that there is a case for re-examining the various parameters of the cost plus
formula which has been adopted.
"There will be enough scope to revisit the issue and the whole set of parameters," Sinha said.
AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal in his stint as Delhi chief minister ordered an FIR against oil minister M Veerappa Moily, Mukesh Ambani and others for allegedly conspiring to
double gas prices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi