BJP`s manifesto release on April 7 will amount to MCC violation: EC
Patna: The BJP may land in trouble if it releases its election manifesto April 7 as it will be in violation of the model code of conduct, Election Commissioner HS Brahma said here Saturday.
"We will try to enforce the Representation of the People Act," Brahma told reporters, making it clear that as the first phase of polls will be held April 7, a political party cannot announce anything related to elections 48 hours before the end of polling.
The election commissioner is heading a poll panel team on a two-day visit to Bihar to review preparations for the Lok Sabha election.
Brahma said the Representation of the People Act was passed by parliament and suggested that political parties should read it as it was important for the election.
He said the poll panel will take action if there is any violation of the act, and urged the media to inform people about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!