Black flag hoisted in the office of the Mizoram Election dept
Aizawl: Major civil societies and student bodies hoisted a black flag in the office of the Mizoram Election department today in protest against the Election Commission of India`s decision allowing the Bru voters to exercise franchise inside the relief camps in Tripura.
The Bru voters were casting votes through postal ballots since yesterday for the election to Mizoram`s lone Lok Sabha seat to be held on April 9.
The civil societies said that the black flag hoisted at the office of the state election department would remain till Thursday evening when the polling in the relief camps would conclude.
Meanwhile, polling in the six relief camps in North Tripura district continued this morning and the polling was conducted by the Tripura state election department officials under the supervision of seven nodal officials from Mizoram, state joint chief electoral officer H. Lalengmawia said.
Civil societies here continued to protest the polling in the relief camps saying that they would obstruct counting of votes polled in the relief camps through postal ballots.
They wanted that all the Brus lodged in the relief camps should return to Mizoram and exercise franchise at the place where they were enrolled as voters.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- US presidential election takes shape; Trump, Clinton look all set for final battle
- This is how Jawahar Lal Nehru reacted when asked about rumours of his second marriage
- This picture of an IAS officer has gone viral on social media - know why
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2016: Wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in class 10th X Result 2016 West Bengal Board is likely to be announced on May 10, 2016
- Four months after Pathankot terror attack, bodies of 4 terrorists buried