BLOs who ensure over 90% turnout to be rewarded in Vadodara
Vadodara: In a bid to encourage record voter turnout in Vadodara district of Gujarat, local authorities have decided to reward booth level officers (BLOs), who ensure more than 90 per cent voting in their booths spread across 10 assembly segments here.
26 Lok Sabha constituencies in the state will go to polls in a single phase on April 30.
According to Returning Officer Vinod Rao, booth level officers who get more than 90 per cent electorate to cast their votes in booths falling under these 10 assembly constituencies in Vadodara district, will be felicitated.
"These booth level officers have already approached 6.5 lakh households covering 22 lakh voters and have obtained "Sankalp Patra" (pledges) from them for voting on the D-day," Rao told PTI.
The ongoing exercise of distribution of photo identity slips to them is expected to be over within three days which will help voters to smoothly exercise their franchise at their respective booths, he said.
Out of the 10 assembly segments, seven fall in Vadodara Parliamentary constituency while remaining three come under neighbouring Chhota Udepur and Bharuch LS seats.
These assembly constituencies had recorded 72 per cent polling during the assembly polls held in December 2012.
"This time we have decided to provide various facilities to voters keeping in mind the scorching sun and rising temperatures since past several days," Rao said.
Voters turning up at polling booths will have the luxury to consume cold water, butter milk and cold drinks to cool themselves before casting their votes, he said.
Various NGOs, fairprice shops owners associations, petrol dealers associations and others have extended their cooperation in providing these facilities at various booths across the district, Rao added.
Also, around 17,000 polling personnel and 8,000 security men will be involved in the electoral process across the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal