Books with objectionable material against Sonia Gandhi seized, 1 held
Fatehpur: Police on Wednesday arrested a person for allegedly distributing books containing objectionable material about Congress president Sonia Gandhi, her son Rahul Gandhi and daughter Priyanka Gandhi Vadra in a roadways bus here and seized the objectionable books.
After getting information, police arrested Suresh Chand Srivastava alias Futtan, an assistant in Alambagh depot, from Hussainganj area while he was distributing the books containing objectionable write ups and pictures of Congress president, vice president and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra in the bus.
Hussainganj police station in charge Gyanendra Singh said the objectionable books have been seized.
During interrogation, the arrested person said that he had plans to go to Lucknow and Sonia Gandhi`s constituency Rae Bareli for distributing the books, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'