Broom will sweep the system: Jarnail Singh
Amritsar: Shoe throwing incident at Home Minister P Chidambaram in 2009 dented the political career of "accused" in 1984 anti Sikh riots - Jagish Tytler and Sajjan Kumar of Congress, now the "broom" will sweep the corrupt and unjust system of politics, an AAP leader said here today.
Jarnail Singh, who is Lok Sabha candidate from Delhi West on the AAP ticket and had thrown a shoe at the home minister for ignoring his question on justice to riot victims in a press conference in Delhi in April 2009, was here to canvass for his party`s nominee Dr Daljit Singh, a noted eye surgeon in the city.
Addressing media, he said the 1984 riots was not an election issue but a fight for justice for killing innocents.
Chidambaran was brimming with glee when he said to a TV channel that his friend Tytler was exonerated as an accused for riots, which was a slap on the face of innocents who suffered, Singh said.
The very next day the names of both accused were deleted from list of Congress candidates, after the shoe throwing episode, he said.
"India is facing the worst time with mainly three `Cs`- the plague of Corruption, Criminalisation of politics and Communalism. We all have to fight this system instead of blaming the governments. The representatives are ours because we make the wrong choices", he added.
Praising AAP`s national convener Arvind Kejriwal, Singh said in his 49-day government in Delhi he formed an SIT to look into anti Sikh riots, while Akalis merely made it an election issue and even the SGPC did nothing.
AAP did not want a government that rested on crutches and compromises, which was the reason for Kejriwal to resign.
"All these parties are mainly interested in grabbing power and the Akalis-BJP has unleashed a reign of terror in Punjab. Punjab is thus facing `double anti-incumbency` with Dr Manmohan Singh`s `Ghutala sarkar` (tainted scamster government) at centre and the Akali-BJP`s `goonda sarkar` (government of hooligans) in the state.
"Today BJP`s Arun Jaitley has raised his hackles against making a Lokpal and had taken up as lawyer for the company that caused Bhopal Gas tragedy, what do you expect from such candidates," he said.
He said that Punjab was brimming with drugs and people beg us to save their progeny who were being supplied drugs in cahoots with politicians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH