BSP candidate approaches EC over bogus voting
Muzaffarnagar: A BSP candidate has approached the Election Commission alleging that proxy voting took place in 40 polling booths in the district on April 10, district authorities said.
BSP candidate Kadir Rana in his complaint filed with the EC after polling on April 10, alleged that proxy voting took place in more than 40 booths of the constituency to influence voting in favour of BJP candidate, Additional District Magistrate Indermani Tripathi told reporters here.
Rana has also demanded re-polling in these centres, he said.
Election Commission has sought a report?from district administration on Rana`s complaint.
"The district administration has sent its report to the EC. The commission is yet to take a decision," he added.
The riot-hit districts of Muzaffarnagar, Shamli, Saharanpur, Kairana and Baghpat went to polls on April 10.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know