BSP candidate approaches EC over bogus voting
Muzaffarnagar: A BSP candidate has approached the Election Commission alleging that proxy voting took place in 40 polling booths in the district on April 10, district authorities said.
BSP candidate Kadir Rana in his complaint filed with the EC after polling on April 10, alleged that proxy voting took place in more than 40 booths of the constituency to influence voting in favour of BJP candidate, Additional District Magistrate Indermani Tripathi told reporters here.
Rana has also demanded re-polling in these centres, he said.
Election Commission has sought a report?from district administration on Rana`s complaint.
"The district administration has sent its report to the EC. The commission is yet to take a decision," he added.
The riot-hit districts of Muzaffarnagar, Shamli, Saharanpur, Kairana and Baghpat went to polls on April 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!