BSP candidate approaches EC over bogus voting
Muzaffarnagar: A BSP candidate has approached the Election Commission alleging that proxy voting took place in 40 polling booths in the district on April 10, district authorities said.
BSP candidate Kadir Rana in his complaint filed with the EC after polling on April 10, alleged that proxy voting took place in more than 40 booths of the constituency to influence voting in favour of BJP candidate, Additional District Magistrate Indermani Tripathi told reporters here.
Rana has also demanded re-polling in these centres, he said.
Election Commission has sought a report?from district administration on Rana`s complaint.
"The district administration has sent its report to the EC. The commission is yet to take a decision," he added.
The riot-hit districts of Muzaffarnagar, Shamli, Saharanpur, Kairana and Baghpat went to polls on April 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Register your marriage online by paying just Rs 100
- India signs $100 mn loan agreement with World Bank
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- Rupee free fall continues, plunges 26 paise to 67.75
- HDFC Realty, SBI Caps to auction 61 properties of Sahara