BSP candidate approaches EC over bogus voting
Muzaffarnagar: A BSP candidate has approached the Election Commission alleging that proxy voting took place in 40 polling booths in the district on April 10, district authorities said.
BSP candidate Kadir Rana in his complaint filed with the EC after polling on April 10, alleged that proxy voting took place in more than 40 booths of the constituency to influence voting in favour of BJP candidate, Additional District Magistrate Indermani Tripathi told reporters here.
Rana has also demanded re-polling in these centres, he said.
Election Commission has sought a report?from district administration on Rana`s complaint.
"The district administration has sent its report to the EC. The commission is yet to take a decision," he added.
The riot-hit districts of Muzaffarnagar, Shamli, Saharanpur, Kairana and Baghpat went to polls on April 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof