BSP seeks EC ban on Mulayam for remark against Mayawati
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party on Thursday demanded the Election Commission to ban SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav from campaigning in Uttar Pradesh over his remark against Mayawati.
"Yadav`s remark could have created law and order problem in the state as it might have triggered caste riots. He should be banned from campaigning," BSP national General Secretary Satish Chandra Mishra said in a letter to the EC.
"Mai use kunwari kahun, srimati kahun, ya behen kahun (should I term her (Mayawati) Miss, Mrs or sister," Yadav had said at the rally in an apparent reference to BSP chief Mayawati.
Mayawati had reacted sharply on Mulayam`s statement saying he had lost his mental balance and suggesting his family members "to admit him to a mental asylum in Agra".
The BSP has also handed over a CD of Mulayam`s speech to the apex election body.
Mishra alleged that SP was using all the tactics to win the elections and its MLAs are even threatening central forces jawans.
An FIR was lodged against SP MLA Rampal Yadav yesterday in Sitapur after he entered into an altercation with CRPF jawan at Nauabehad polling booth in Biswan area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon