BSP wants quota for Muslims, poor from upper castes: Mayawati
Gonda: After Congress promising reservation to Muslims hailing from Other Backward Classes (OBC), BSP supremo Mayawati on Friday said that along with Muslims her party wanted to extend benefit of quota to poor from upper castes.
"Along with Muslims, our party wants to extend benefit of reservation to poor from the upper castes," Mayawati said while addressing an election rally.
"We wrote several letters to the Centre to make system to give reservation on economic basis, but Congress government took no action in this direction," she alleged.
The BSP supremo said Muslims should not get misled by the Congress` manifesto.
She urged the Muslim community to vote for BSP to prevent communal forces like BJP from coming to power.
She alleged that it was due to wrong economic policies of Congress that there was rise in poverty, unemployment, inflation and corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan