BSP wants quota for Muslims, poor from upper castes: Mayawati
Gonda: After Congress promising reservation to Muslims hailing from Other Backward Classes (OBC), BSP supremo Mayawati on Friday said that along with Muslims her party wanted to extend benefit of quota to poor from upper castes.
"Along with Muslims, our party wants to extend benefit of reservation to poor from the upper castes," Mayawati said while addressing an election rally.
"We wrote several letters to the Centre to make system to give reservation on economic basis, but Congress government took no action in this direction," she alleged.
The BSP supremo said Muslims should not get misled by the Congress` manifesto.
She urged the Muslim community to vote for BSP to prevent communal forces like BJP from coming to power.
She alleged that it was due to wrong economic policies of Congress that there was rise in poverty, unemployment, inflation and corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef