BSP wants quota for Muslims, poor from upper castes: Mayawati
Gonda: After Congress promising reservation to Muslims hailing from Other Backward Classes (OBC), BSP supremo Mayawati on Friday said that along with Muslims her party wanted to extend benefit of quota to poor from upper castes.
"Along with Muslims, our party wants to extend benefit of reservation to poor from the upper castes," Mayawati said while addressing an election rally.
"We wrote several letters to the Centre to make system to give reservation on economic basis, but Congress government took no action in this direction," she alleged.
The BSP supremo said Muslims should not get misled by the Congress` manifesto.
She urged the Muslim community to vote for BSP to prevent communal forces like BJP from coming to power.
She alleged that it was due to wrong economic policies of Congress that there was rise in poverty, unemployment, inflation and corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH