BSP wants quota for Muslims, poor from upper castes: Mayawati
Gonda: After Congress promising reservation to Muslims hailing from Other Backward Classes (OBC), BSP supremo Mayawati on Friday said that along with Muslims her party wanted to extend benefit of quota to poor from upper castes.
"Along with Muslims, our party wants to extend benefit of reservation to poor from the upper castes," Mayawati said while addressing an election rally.
"We wrote several letters to the Centre to make system to give reservation on economic basis, but Congress government took no action in this direction," she alleged.
The BSP supremo said Muslims should not get misled by the Congress` manifesto.
She urged the Muslim community to vote for BSP to prevent communal forces like BJP from coming to power.
She alleged that it was due to wrong economic policies of Congress that there was rise in poverty, unemployment, inflation and corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon