BSP wants quota for Muslims, poor from upper castes: Mayawati
Gonda: After Congress promising reservation to Muslims hailing from Other Backward Classes (OBC), BSP supremo Mayawati on Friday said that along with Muslims her party wanted to extend benefit of quota to poor from upper castes.
"Along with Muslims, our party wants to extend benefit of reservation to poor from the upper castes," Mayawati said while addressing an election rally.
"We wrote several letters to the Centre to make system to give reservation on economic basis, but Congress government took no action in this direction," she alleged.
The BSP supremo said Muslims should not get misled by the Congress` manifesto.
She urged the Muslim community to vote for BSP to prevent communal forces like BJP from coming to power.
She alleged that it was due to wrong economic policies of Congress that there was rise in poverty, unemployment, inflation and corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death