Buddha predicts end of UPA rule, says Modi would be equally bad
Sreerampore: Former West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Friday predicted the end of Congress-rule at the Centre and said if Narendra Modi came to power he would start where Manmohan Singh would leave.
"We can easily make out that the Congress rule is coming to an end... But one should understand that the man with a sword, who is coming ahead from the side, will also not be good... We must stop him," Bhattacharjee said at an election rally here.
"There is no difference in the principles of the Congress and the BJP... And if Modi becomes the PM, he would start exactly where Manmohan Singh will leave," he said.
"Only the Left parties can stop them (BJP) from coming to power," he further stated.
The senior CPI(M) leader said the present Trinamool Congress-run government was also nearing its end.
"If any government claims it has finished almost 90 per cent of its work within a span of two years after coming to power, then I must say the end of that government is not far," he said.
He also accused the Mamata Banerjee-run government of becoming a "symbol" of the Saradha Group which defrauded lakhs in the state, instead of the party`s self-proclaimed honesty.
"Going by what I see every day in the media, this government can be seen as a symbol of Saradha and not of honesty... The day is not far when it will fall," he said.
Bhattacharjee also alleged that TMC was a "power-hungry" party without any principle and their ambition to capture power at the Centre was an example of it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Have undertaken 'maximum' reforms, enormous task ahead: PM Narendra Modi
- Watch: Sun-powered Solar Impulse 2 lands in Pennsylvania!
- Indian Premier League 2016, Qualifier 2: Gujarat Lions vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — Preview
- Beware, workaholics: Excessive working may elevate depression, anxiety
- Sidharth, Alia perfect for 'Aashiqui 3': Mukesh Bhatt