Case against Nitin Gadkari, other BJP leaders
Bhadoi: A case was lodged on Monday against former BJP president Nitin Gadkari, party candidate for Bhadoi Lok Sabha seat Virendra Singh and a dozen other leaders for alleged violation of the model code of conduct.
"A case has been lodged against Gadkari, Singh and dozen other BJP leaders for violation of the model code of conduct at Suryawan Police Station," Deputy Returning Officer Uma Kant Tripathi said.
He said the BJP candidate had taken permission to organise a meeting at Abholi block between 11 am and 5 pm.
However, Gadkari`s chopper landed at 5.30 pm and the former BJP chief was stopped from proceeding to the venue of the meeting by police.
But, the BJP leaders forcibly made their way to the dais and held an election meeting for half-an-hour, Tripathi said.
District Returning Officer Ranveer Prasad said a thorough probe into the matter was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year
- These MPs may become ministers if PM Modi goes in for Cabinet reshuffle - List Inside
- SHOCKING VIDEO of Pampore attack surfaces online; terrorists can be heard firing indiscriminately - WATCH