Casteism is in the DNA of Bihar: Gadkari
Patna: "Casteism is in the DNA of Bihar that is why more talk of casteism take place in the state," senior BJP leader Nitin Gadkari said on Saturday.
He made the comment when asked why BJP leaders in Bihar were raising the issue of caste of Narendra Modi when the party claimed to be against casteism.
He, however, corrected himself and asked reporters to substitute the word politics for DNA.
He recalled that Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had opposed candidature of Narendra Modi for the prime ministerial post.
"Kumar and Arun Jaitley had met me and the issue was raised by Kumar," Gadkari, who was the BJP president at the time said.
On withdrawal of JD(U) candidate Akhtarul Iman from the contest in Kishanganj, Gadkari alleged it was done in collusion with the Congress to benefit its candidate Maulana Asrarul Haque.
When power went off in the midst of the press conference, Gadkari used it to take a swipe at Kumar.
"People from Bihar will go to Nagpur to see uninterrupted power supply to farmers there. On the other hand, Bihar with so much of electricity generation capacity is battling a power problem," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Yo Yo Honey Singh battled bipolar disease, thanks doctor for treatment!
- Shocking! Jharkhand BJP chief's daughter-in-law is just 11 years old!
- Zareen Khan, Ali Fazal to feature in T-Series music video
- Will not accept UN tribunal verdict on South China Sea: China
- Became an actor by accident: Johnny Depp