CEO acting at behest of Congress: Himachal BJP
Shimla: Himachal BJP on Sunday alleged that the state Chief Electoral Officer was acting at the behest of ruling Congress and ignoring serious complaints of violation of Model Code of Conduct.
The party today filed a fresh complaint with Election Commission alleging misuse of official machinery by Congress in the state, partisan attitude of the CEO and use of black money in the release of advertisements, BJP spokesman Ganesh Dutt here said.
"The CEO, who should have taken suo motu notice of the alleged remarks of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi that if Narendra Modi becomes the prime minister, 22,000 Muslims would be killed, but he ignored it and we had to make a complaint to the Election Commission which has sought report from Deputy commissioner, Solan," Dutt said.
"It was imperative on the part of the CEO to take immediate action in this case but he did not initiate any action," Dutt said and pointed out that "out of the 60 complaints filed by the BJP no action was taken in 54 cases and a formality of initiating action was completed in six other cases".
The BJP spokesman also alleged that Congress is using black money in its campaign and advertisements are being issued in the newspapers without producing the names of the agencies which are releasing the advertisements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble