CEO acting at behest of Congress: Himachal BJP
Shimla: Himachal BJP on Sunday alleged that the state Chief Electoral Officer was acting at the behest of ruling Congress and ignoring serious complaints of violation of Model Code of Conduct.
The party today filed a fresh complaint with Election Commission alleging misuse of official machinery by Congress in the state, partisan attitude of the CEO and use of black money in the release of advertisements, BJP spokesman Ganesh Dutt here said.
"The CEO, who should have taken suo motu notice of the alleged remarks of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi that if Narendra Modi becomes the prime minister, 22,000 Muslims would be killed, but he ignored it and we had to make a complaint to the Election Commission which has sought report from Deputy commissioner, Solan," Dutt said.
"It was imperative on the part of the CEO to take immediate action in this case but he did not initiate any action," Dutt said and pointed out that "out of the 60 complaints filed by the BJP no action was taken in 54 cases and a formality of initiating action was completed in six other cases".
The BJP spokesman also alleged that Congress is using black money in its campaign and advertisements are being issued in the newspapers without producing the names of the agencies which are releasing the advertisements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US