Chandrababu Naidu seeks action against "unfair" poll officer Bhanwarlal
Hyderabad: TDP President N Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday requested the Election Commission of India to act against Andhra Pradesh Chief Electoral Officer Bhanwarlal for not acting in a fair manner and also making "irresponsible statements".
In a letter faxed to the Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath this evening, Chandrababu pointed out to the CEO`s statement that his vote would be declared "invalid" for having "violated the secrecy" of voting.
"I strongly deny violating any secrecy of voting. His (CEO`s) statements are not based on facts or law. Further, the CEO is not competent to take such action," the TDP chief pointed out.
"His irresponsible statements, particularly when the polling was underway, have caused enormous embarrassment to me and our party. When a delegation of our party leaders met the CEO to seek clarification on the issue, he had the audacity to tell them that we may complain to the CEC," Chandrababu lashed out.
He pointed out that the TDP`s earlier representations to the CEO seeking free and fair elections were "ignored".
"This attitude of Bhanwarlal is leading us to believe that he is not acting in a fair manner. Therefore, I request you to take action against him and also direct him to withdraw the statement (on voting secrecy) and set the record straight," Chandrababu requested the CEC.
He also urged the CEC to direct the CEO to take action against all the previous complaints lodged by the TDP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands