Chavan draws Hitler analogy while hitting out at Modi
Thane: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday alleged that if Narendra Modi were to become the Prime Minister of the country, the history of Nazi Germany under Adolf Hitler would be repeated.
Chavan was addressing a campaign rally for NCP`s sitting MP from Thane, Sanjeev Naik, here this evening.
BJP would change the constitution if it came to power, Chavan claimed.
He also accused BJP of manipulating the media and reminded that in 2004 the party had claimed it would get a clear majority but it actually lost power.
The person whom the United States had refused to give the visa after Gujarat riots cannot become the Prime Minister, Chavan said.
Chavan claimed Maharashtra had in fact seen much more development than Modi`s Gujarat.
Chavan also said Modi had virtually hijacked BJP and senior leaders such as Jaswant Singh and L K Advani had faced humiliation.
Later, talking to reporters, Chavan said Modi`s refusal to apologise for 2002 Gujarat riots was a serious matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack