Chavan draws Hitler analogy while hitting out at Modi
Thane: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday alleged that if Narendra Modi were to become the Prime Minister of the country, the history of Nazi Germany under Adolf Hitler would be repeated.
Chavan was addressing a campaign rally for NCP`s sitting MP from Thane, Sanjeev Naik, here this evening.
BJP would change the constitution if it came to power, Chavan claimed.
He also accused BJP of manipulating the media and reminded that in 2004 the party had claimed it would get a clear majority but it actually lost power.
The person whom the United States had refused to give the visa after Gujarat riots cannot become the Prime Minister, Chavan said.
Chavan claimed Maharashtra had in fact seen much more development than Modi`s Gujarat.
Chavan also said Modi had virtually hijacked BJP and senior leaders such as Jaswant Singh and L K Advani had faced humiliation.
Later, talking to reporters, Chavan said Modi`s refusal to apologise for 2002 Gujarat riots was a serious matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory