Cheating case filed against Sriramulu
Bellary: A case of cheating involving Rs 2.96 crore has been registered against BJP Bellary candidate B Sriramulu on a complaint by a functionary of his previous party BSR Congress who claimed he was promised a ticket by him to contest the Lok Sabha polls.
Sriramulu, who joined BJP recently, had issued a cheque but it was dishonoured, the complainant, Somashekar, president of BSR Congress Mysore district unit, alleged, police said.
In the complaint, registered with Bellary rural police, Somashekhar alleged he was promised ticket for Raichur Lok Sabha constituency or an MLC seat and when he approached Sriramulu for not honouring the promise, he was threatened.
Sriramulu, however, dismissed the allegations as an attempt to tarnish his image and a "political conspiracy" against him. He said he would face the issue legally.
Sriramulu, a one-time close associate of former minister and mining baron Janardhana Reddy, had floated BSR Congress two years ago but rejoined BJP, leaving his outfit. Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj had opposed his entry into the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video