Choice not limited to UPA or NDA only: TRS
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti on Friday said the choice for it is not essentially limited to NDA and UPA government after the elections, indicating that it may sail with the third front even as it kept its options open.
"We do see the possibility of us winning a significant number of Lok Sabha seats as well which should allow us to play a key role in Delhi (formation of government)," party leader and MLA KT Rama Rao, son of TRS supremo K Chandrasekhar Rao, told a news agency here.
Asked if the TRS would support UPA or NDA, KTR, as he is popularly known, said he does not think it`s a bipolar country.
"I don`t see through the prism of bipolar political system. I don`t think the choice is essentially between the two coalitions that you mentioned. I don`t think the choice is only between UPA and NDA," he said.
Realignment and lot of changes would happen post-poll, he said.
"No matter what happens, TRS will play a crucial role (in the formation of the government)," he claimed.
On whether TRS is betting on third front to come to power, KTR said: "I am not betting on third front or fourth front. Anything could happen. We have our options open. Whatever is in the interest of Telangana, definitely we will do that."
TRS, which fought in all the 119 Assembly and 17 Lok Sabha constituencies in Telangana on its own, seemed extremely upset with the BJP for forging an electoral alliance with TDP in Telangana and Seemandhra.
"Narendra Modi has shot himself in the foot in Andhra Pradesh by aligning with a man called (N) Chandrababu Naidu, who is a discredited leader. BJP and Narendra Modi have committed suicide in Andhra Pradesh. Only Lord Rama can save them," KTR said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know