CM`s son enters LS poll fray riding on `simple, youth` image
Raipur: With the slogan of "Saral, Sahaj, dil ka nek, Rajnandgaon ka beta Abhiskek" (simple, spontaneous and noble hearted, son of Rajnandgaon-Abhishek), the BJP is attempting to make way to the street of power for another political scion in Chhattisgarh.
A low profile Lok Sabha constituency - Rajnandgaon in Chhattisgarh is turning hot on political radar as Chief Minister Raman Singh`s 33-year-old son Abhishek has been named as the BJP contestant from there, after the party denied ticket to its sitting MP Madhusudan Yadav.
Yadav had defeated Congress candidate Devwrat Singh, who belongs to the erstwhile royal family, with a margin of 1,19,074 votes in 2009 Lok Sabha election.
Initially, resentment among Yadavs was reported from various pockets of the region but later Madhusudan himself pacified them.
Although the party is mainly banking on the simple and youth image of `junior Raman` to woo the voters, people from the region believe `Modi for PM` and `Raman factor` waves will also make it an easy ride for Abhishek.
When asked about his campaign slogan reflecting his image, Abhishek said, "I think simplicity and innocence has been an identity and tradition of the people of Chhattisgarh. People here are noble hearted and with good thinking they wish to do good things."
Ruling out the advantage of being CM`s son, he said his work and dedication will bring success to him.
Abhishek, who holds an MBA degree, has been active in Rajnandgaon and Kawardha strongholds of BJP for past 6-7 years. He also managed BJP`s campaign in the two districts during last year`s Assembly polls, in which the party retained power for third consecutive time in the state.
According to Abhishek, his effort is to cover every corner of the constituency during his campaign.
The Naxal affected Manpur-Mohla Assembly constituency also falls in Rajnandgaon region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India