Code breach complaints against Rahul, Mamata forwarded to ECI
Kolkata: Complaints of violation of the Model Code of Conduct against Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee have been been forwarded to the Election Commission of India, state Joint CEO Jaydip Mukherjee said here on Monday.
Another complaint against Trinamool Congress candidate from Ghatal and actor, Dipak Adhikari, popularly known by his screen name Dev, has also been forwarded to the ECI by the Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Gupta for a decision.
TMC All India General Secretary Mukul Roy had lodged a complaint against Rahul Gandhi for the alleged presence of school students at the Congress leader`s rally at Alipurduar in the state`s Jalpaiguri district recently.
Both BJP and CPI(M) have lodged complaints against TMC chief Mamata Banerjee for her alleged "instigating speeches" against the two parties at Krishnagar in Nadia district.
Bengali movie star Dev recently described the Lok Sabha poll frenzy surrounding him as "being raped" where "one can either enjoy or scream", prompting condemnation from political parties and women`s organisation.
Opposition political parties condemned this "outrageous" comment and lodged complaint against him with the Election Commission.
The joint CEO said administrative reports from districts on the complaints were also forwarded to the ECI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!