Code breach complaints against Rahul, Mamata forwarded to ECI
Kolkata: Complaints of violation of the Model Code of Conduct against Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee have been been forwarded to the Election Commission of India, state Joint CEO Jaydip Mukherjee said here on Monday.
Another complaint against Trinamool Congress candidate from Ghatal and actor, Dipak Adhikari, popularly known by his screen name Dev, has also been forwarded to the ECI by the Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Gupta for a decision.
TMC All India General Secretary Mukul Roy had lodged a complaint against Rahul Gandhi for the alleged presence of school students at the Congress leader`s rally at Alipurduar in the state`s Jalpaiguri district recently.
Both BJP and CPI(M) have lodged complaints against TMC chief Mamata Banerjee for her alleged "instigating speeches" against the two parties at Krishnagar in Nadia district.
Bengali movie star Dev recently described the Lok Sabha poll frenzy surrounding him as "being raped" where "one can either enjoy or scream", prompting condemnation from political parties and women`s organisation.
Opposition political parties condemned this "outrageous" comment and lodged complaint against him with the Election Commission.
The joint CEO said administrative reports from districts on the complaints were also forwarded to the ECI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Unbelievable: Thousands throng daily at Taiwan McDonald's store to see a girl – Know why
- Kusal Mendis inspires Sri Lanka to a 196-run lead over Australia on a topsy-turvy 3rd day
- Former BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu to join AAP on August 15?
- Bank employees to go on strike on Friday, services to be hit
- Avg 49 days of employment generated in 2015-16 under MGNREGA: Govt